Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Who we are
I'll Do It Myself (doitms) is an international DIY startup based in Portugal.
If you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, have any questions or requests regarding your privacy, related to our site, feel free to send us and email to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
Reasons why we use personal data
We help people enjoy doing things with their own hands.
In order to provide free and paid services and support, we process necessary user data. We take care on collecting only required data and store it for a required period of time, providing reasonable level of personal data protection.
What personal data we collect
Below are listed data that we collect for various cases or your interaction with us:
- Using website
- Contacting us
- Using client area
- Social media links
- Using paid services
- Taxes ID
- Payment details
- Passport or other ID
- Taxes ID
- Payment details
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
Sharing your personal data
When we process your order or request, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
If you agree, we will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
We would like to send you information about our products and services, as well as products and services of other users of our service, that we think might be interesting for you.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our partners.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can click Unsubscribe link on bottom of the last email from us, or configure which emails you would like to receive in the client area.
Your rights regarding personal data
You have following rights regarding personal data according to the law:
- Request a copy of your personal data that we collected.
- Request us to correct information about you that we store.
- Request deleting your personal data that we store.
- Request restriction of processing all or some of your personal data.
- Request transfer processing of your personal data between our subsidiaries, or send to you or other company of your choice, where possible.
- Object our use of your personal data.
Please consider that we will not be able to provide some of our services after deleting your personal data or having restrictions on processing it.
To use your rights, send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Those requests for you are free of charge. We will process them within 30 days or within the timeframe, specified in applicable law.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored on your computer to save some information between you open different pages of the site. Some of them can be used for impersonal or personal identification. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
To make it clearer for you, we made a detailed list of cookies that we use and opt-out feature, to access this feature click cookie icon on left bottom on any page.
How do we store your personal data
Our servers are spread around the world, which includes:
To ensure your personal data safety and security, we collect only necessary data, keep it under multiple password protection with bruteforce protection, and make daily backups.
Period of data storage
- We keep your data, stored in the client area for the period of activity of your account plus 30 days, after this period we will delete your data.
- We keep data that you submit for our free services for up to 3 days, after this period we will delete your data.
- We keep data that you submit for our contact center for the period, required for solving your request and may selectively keep messages for up to 10 years.
- We keep your testimonials and other information that you allowed to share publicicly for the lifetime of our project.
Changes to this policy
This policy may be changed. We update it according to laws and our internal regulations change to have it up to date, you can find the recent version on this page. After significant updates, if you have provided your contacts in the client area, we will send you an email notification; we also will make a notice on the home page that this policy is changed.
Date of last revision: 20 December 2021.